Benefits of Talk Yoga™
Talk Yoga™ is engaging and exciting!
Talk Yoga™ provides structure that yogis need, but also allows for creativity and freedom
while they engage in speech and language enrichment.
* Improved expressive language
* Enhanced ability to recall information and follow directions
* Improvement of articulation abilities
* Growth in social skills
* Use of modulated movement to sustain attention and participation
* Use of self-calming and relaxation strategies
* Stimulation of sensory systems and motor learning/planning
* Added happiness and self-confidence
Due to the novelty of this concept of combining speech and language with yoga,
formal research is limited, but it is growing in a body of anecdotal evidence.
The links below support our premise of combining the science and principles of yoga with speech-language intervention.
“Empirically based research indicates that exercise enhances general cognition, and every speech pathologist notices that when a child is engaged in movement, such as in co-treatment with a physical or occupational therapist, more spontaneous and complex speech occurs. Pairing physical movement with language learning appears to enhance recall abilities and stimulate novel, appropriate language."
-SLP Molly Lannon Kenny
Integrated Movement TherapyTM: Yoga-Based Therapy as a Viable and Effective Intervention for Autism Spectrum and Related Disorders
Integrated approach to yoga therapy and autism spectrum disorders
A Calming Influence
*If you are still looking for some solid reasons why yoga and speech and language work well together,
take a look at these 25 reasons!